Creating community health is at the core of Beacon Health System’s mission. We believe promoting responsible, preventive health in our community is the right thing to do, and is key to long-term cost effectiveness. Improving the health of our region’s residents is as much social, economic and environmental as it is a medical issue.
When we look at changing the health of our community members, we look at it in three ways:
- focusing on the priorities identified in our latest Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA)
- strengthening our communities’ capacity to promote health and well-being of residents
- engaging those who are most at risk and/or vulnerable.
Beacon Community Impact supports the efforts of nonprofits in the Beacon community (Elkhart, Marshall and St. Joseph counties) through both financial and technical assistance. To be considered for support applicants must:
- deliver service within the three county area
- contribute to creating an impact in one of the defined CHNA priority areas
- be an established 501(c)3 organization
Programs that are interested in receiving funding can contact Kimberly Green Reeves at [email protected].
Resources for Nonprofits
Beacon Community Impact is focused on providing capacity-building resources and opportunities to partners. This site is a repository of some of the most helpful resources the Community Impact team has identified through its work planning its own programming as well as providing assistance to its community partners.
We hope our partners and the broader community will find these resources helpful as they look to grow their organization and programming. If the Community Impact team can be helpful in any way please don’t hesitate to reach out to Kimberly Green-Reeves at [email protected].